The Ultimate Diving Packing List
Taking a diving liveboard trip?
What if you forget something? No worries. Just tick and pack, and you are done!
- Check the passport/visa requirements for your destination. Does your passport need to be valid 3-6 months following your departure date or have a certain number of blank pages? Do you need a visa?
- Check outbound/inbound airline and airport requirements. Determine how long you need to arrive before your flight.
- Baggage allowance, the weight and size of your diving equipment and bag are important factors to consider.
- Make sure you have travel and dive insurance. Determine where the nearest hyperbaric chamber is.
- Make photocopies of all your travel documents in case of emergency.
- Read up on the location’s culture and etiquette (Do you need to tip? ) Do you need to dress conservatively (Sudan)?
- Set automatic out-of-office-replay in your mail system.
- Make sure you have plenty of room on your camera’s memory card.
- Leave an extra house key with a family member or friend.
- When you travel you shouldn’t forget anything important back home (personal medicines, special food if it is needed).
- Use our ultimate scuba trip checklist to prepare for your next scuba trip.